Holidays like the Fourth of July come as a relief for those looking for some time away from work, school, or other commitments.
The rest and relaxation Independence Day brings with it can help you to recharge before you get back to business. Sometimes a little downtime with family and friends is the perfect remedy to beat stress.
Santa Cruz Properties knows that owning your own land and home is the perfect representation of what Independence Day means. Whether you plan on sticking around the house or enjoying the wonderful city of Edinburg, there is plenty to choose from on this holiday beyond just fireworks.
[bctt tweet=”Have an amazing #July4th from #SantaCruzProperties.” username=””]
Spend the Day Relaxing with Close Friends and Family
As much fun as it is to enjoy the day’s festivities by being out and about, it can also be wonderfully relaxing to enjoy a close setting of family and confidants. Especially because it takes some of the pressure of hosting off you.
On such an occasion, a good movie binge is one of the best ways to pass the time. Whether you’re seeing them for the first or fiftieth time, these classics are perfect for this patriotic day:
- Stand By Me: A summer movie that is deeper than you expect, no matter how many times you’ve watched it. It has characters that younger viewers can enjoy and a setting older family members will identify with.
- My Girl: Another film featuring younger characters but with plenty for adults to think about as well. This movie is best with a small group and will definitely stay with you.
- Independence Day: Because visitors from another planet may not be acquainted with irony. You will probably not have deep discussions after this movie, but you will need plenty of popcorn for all the action.
- Top Gun: More action, from the 1980s no less. Come for the flight scenes and stay for the rivalry between Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer.
Having the Whole Gang Over
While having a 4th of July movie fest is a great idea, there is nothing wrong with having a big party either. A large group of friends and family gives you the opportunity to enjoy the company of people you haven’t seen in awhile.
The challenge can be finding something for everyone to do that is fun and easy to prepare. Thankfully, there are plenty of great party ideas for everyone to enjoy including the ones below:
- Costume Contest: There are plenty of great American figures for guests to choose from if you ask them to come dressed up. Provide a little incentive to encourage a patriotic spirit and have a blast partying with past presidents and U.S. historical figures.
- Uncle Sam Arts & Crafts: Uncle Sam has an iconic hat and everyone at your gathering can have one too. All you have to set is set up a table with art supplies like construction paper, glitter, and tape and watch everyone go to work. Have friends and family show off their creations and then pick a winner.
- History Trivia: There is a lot of history to cover about the United States. Break your guests up into teams and let them take a crack at questions you put together.
- Dodgeball, Water Balloon Edition: Beat the heat with this twist on the classic game. Fill up red, white, and blue balloons with water and divide everyone into two teams. Get splashed and you’re out; last dry person wins.
[bctt tweet=”#Waterballoons are the perfect way to stay cool this #4thOfJuly” username=””]
Getting Out of the House
The city of Edinburg can put together a bigger gathering than anyone alone and there is always plenty to see and do. This year you can check out Texas Cook’Em, a two-day event during the 4th of July weekend. The extravaganza starts Friday, June 30th, and runs through Saturday, July 1st, and will be held at the H-E-B Park.
At the heart of the event are the cooking competitions between local grill masters. This year features over $30,000 in prizes, a kid’s competition, as well as four separate meat divisions: chicken, brisket, pork spare ribs – and the star of the show – steak.
Friday will also feature plenty of music for those who love a good concert. The musical festivities will be headlined by Los Lonely Boys and country group, The Eli Young Band.
Saturday is the day when contest submissions will be turned in and judged. There will also be an animal show, a kid’s zone, and plenty of opportunities to sample food throughout the day.
Santa Cruz Properties wishes you and your family a very happy 4th of July.
Whatever you plan on doing this Fourth of July, Santa Cruz Properties would like to remind you to take the time to reflect on all that comes with living in this wonderful nation. There is so much we can choose to do because of the freedom we all are blessed with.
Contact us today at 956-383-0868 and find out how we can help you find a place of freedom to call your own.[:es]Esta entrada está disponible sólo en Inglés.