Halloween is one of the most popular holidays for people of all ages. From children to adults, everyone loves dressing up as their favorite character, carving pumpkins, telling scary stories and trick-or-treating with friends and family.
Everywhere you travel around the Rio Grande Valley, you are likely to find homes with gorgeous fall or creepy Halloween-themed decorations. Many love getting creative and making their homes as eerie as possible.
At Santa Cruz Properties, we love that our clients can take full advantage of their Edinburg owner-financed lots and decorate without any restrictions.
Ideas for Decorating Your Property for Halloween
When you purchase land from Santa Cruz Properties and have built your own house, then you have complete freedom to decorate as you want. No homeowners association organizations to tell you what you can and cannot do. You’ll have complete control over what decorations you choose and can make your home into the spookiest haunted house ever.
All it takes is a trip to your local craft store, markers, scissors and just a hint of imagination (plus some ideas from the Internet won’t hurt).
Some great examples of Halloween decorations include:
- Homemade spider webs
- Decked-out paper front door
- Custom wreaths
- Pre-made vinyl sheets such as witches, pumpkins, and bats
- Artificial fall leaves
- Witch hats
- Floating Ghost
- Spooky signs
- Reusable candy bowls
- Dry ice to create a spooky and foggy atmosphere
You’ll also want to keep any visitors/trick-or-treaters safe who visit your land, so consider:
- Making sure all electrical cords and tripping hazards are safely tucked away so that no one trips or hurts themselves on your property. It can be a challenge to properly see when wearing a mask, so help to keep those little ones safe.
- Secure any hanging decorations outside your home so that they don’t blow away in strong wind and damage property.
- Make sure to have enough lighting so that trick-or-treaters can safely make their way to your front door/porch if you are providing candy.
- Keep your pets in a secure area so that they don’t harm others or aren’t hurt themselves.
Once Halloween season is over, you can start thinking about decorations for the rest of fall and the holiday season.
Frighteningly Beautiful Owner-Financed Lots at Santa Cruz Properties
One of the most amazing things we can achieve in life is owning a piece of land that we can call our own. While this idea may seem like an impossible dream for some, Santa Cruz Properties can make it a reality.
We understand not everyone is able to take out a mortgage loan, so we at Santa Cruz Properties offer very affordable owner-financing services.
Rather than renting month-after-month on a small apartment space, having to deal with annoying landlords and other potential complications, invest in owner-financed property. It can be one of the best decisions you ever make.