The Rio Grande Valley is a unique region to plant your family’s roots, and with the cost of living so low coupled with a bustling economy, the enormous potential of beneficial outcomes in your near future awaits.
Edinburg, in particular, is known to be one of the Valley’s most rapidly growing cities for a variety of reasons, and no one knows this better than our realtors at Santa Cruz Properties.
We have a bounty of owner-financed lots in Edinburg that highlight some of the key reasons why investing in land here would be the wisest decision you could make for you and your family.
1. Cheap Land/Cost Of Living
Edinburg is one of the most affordable places to live in, not only in the Valley, but in Texas in general. In fact, Edinburg’s cost of living is currently sitting around 16 percent lower than the state average and falls 23 percent lower than the national average.
With its steady population of 90,208 as of 2017 and growing, paired with such a low cost of living, Edinburg provides so much potential in promising land investments that can turn out to be a low-risk, high reward payout in the long run for you and your family for years to come. Not to mention the vast variety of financial opportunities and attractions that can make your land investment in Edinburg worth your while.
2. Affordable Scholastic Opportunities
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District has a total of 46 public schools under its umbrella, which includes 4 high schools, 6 middle schools, 31 elementary schools, 1 alternative school, and 1 credit recovery campus. In addition, IDEA, an early-college preparatory academy, has a campus in Edinburg, open to those students in Pre-K through 12th grade.
Edinburg is also one of the cities that houses the University of Texas – Rio Grande Valley’s main campuses. Its current acceptance rate sits at 80 percent, and the university offers an outstanding selection of undergrad, masters, and doctorate programs in the majority of traditional and innovative academic fields and studies. Its current student population as a whole is 29,000 as of Fall 2019 and brings in students from all across the world.
3. Incredible Job Opportunities
With an ongoing expansion to bring more culinary and entertainment venues and innovative businesses to the metropolitan area, new and exciting job opportunities will be available to those living in Edinburg’s surrounding areas. These new businesses have done wonders for the area’s economic growth while still remaining competitive in terms of wages and benefits.
4. Great Entertainment Options
Some of the great attractions we have near Edinburg include:
- Museum of South Texas History – Located in the heart of Edinburg, this museum takes you back in time to the borderland heritage of the Rio Grande Valley and the surrounding parts of South Texas and Northeastern Mexico.
- Annual Festivals – Edinburg is known for its rich history of having cultural festivals for the community! Whether you are into the fine arts or a fan of delicious food, Edinburg is host to many different festivals such as Fridafest, FESTIBA, the South Texas International Film Festival, and even it’s very own annual UFO conference.
- University Events – With UTRGV playing such a big role within the community, locals are constantly supporting the university by attending their high energy athletic events as well as other events such as their annual HESTEC community day, FESTIBA festivals, and their high-profile distinguished speaker series, all open to the general public.
- IMAX – Want to watch the latest Hollywood blockbuster the way they are meant to be seen? The AMC movie theater in Edinburg is home to the only IMAX theater within the entire Valley and offers a variety of different ways to experience the latest on-screen adventure to its maximum potential.
- Bert Ogden Arena – This state-of-the-art venue recently opened its doors in August of 2018 and has brought down some of the biggest superstars in music thus far. It is also home to the RGV Vipers basketball team, and if you are lucky, you might even get to witness future NBA stars develop their skills before they go on to the next level!
- H-E-B Park – Since soccer plays a big role within the community, the H-E-B Park is the home of the RGV FC Toros, a Houston Dynamo’s minor league hybrid affiliate. This park provides those enthusiastic fans with the opportunity to witness professional international soccer teams battle it out in person.
Santa Cruz Properties: Helping You Build Your Family’s Future
With so many reasons to invest in owner-financed land in Edinburg, ultimately it comes down to growing your own experience in an exciting area that is growing along with you. Once you’ve decided to move forward with this big decision, contact the Edinburg realtors of Santa Cruz Properties to provide you with owner-financing options designed to secure your family’s future in an area that is teeming with potential. We have a variety of beautiful properties that are currently listed on our website!