When examining lots for sale in and around the Robstown area, it is important to keep in mind several factors that are crucial to determining if it is the right property for you. After all, buying a tract of property that is owner-financed is going to be one of the biggest purchases that you will ever make, so it’s important that you conduct some research before coming to a decision.
The good folks at Santa Cruz Properties want to offer you a checklist you can use to make sure that you’re not only buying a piece of land that will suit your needs but one that will hopefully grow in value over the years.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Property
1. One of the most important factors that you’re going to want to mark off on your checklist is how the county accesses the land. Understanding how your property can potentially be accessed is important as it may affect what you do with the land, the actual boundaries of the property, and other aspects.
2. You’ll want to get a solid understanding of how the property is valued. For instance, when Nueces County values real estate, except for that of agricultural land, they utilize one or more of the three acceptable appraisal approaches. These three approaches are the market (sales comparison) approach, the cost approach, and the income approach. By grasping this information, you’ll be able to better prepare yourself for taxes and other costs.
3. Another factor to consider is whether the land resides in a flood plain. You will want to know if the property lies in a flood-prone area, as these lots will not support a conventional septic system. Your friends at Santa Cruz Properties can easily inform you whether this is the case.
You also want to take into account the topography of the land because if the lot is steep, it will not be receptive to farming. And when it comes to farming, knowing that the soil is tillable is also important to ascertain.
Even if you examine a topographic map or visit a soil site index, it would be of great benefit to walk the grounds before making the purchase. You can use a walk around as an opportunity to examine your future property lines and determine whether you need to construct any barriers, fences, or other structures.
4. Doing some quick research of who your neighbors are can also mitigate any potential problems that may arise in the future. And if it matters to you whether you want to live closer to town or on the outskirts, knowing where the property is located is advantageous. Is the lot you’re looking to purchase near any major roads? Here in Robstown anything near East I-69, US Highway 44, and US Highway 77 would be considered prime areas, especially near the middle of town where they intersect.
5. Having the property surveyed may yield clues as to the true size of the land. Your team at Santa Cruz Properties will be able to provide this information to you but it’s vital to know nonetheless, as it can affect your taxes, alongside other concerns you may have.