Growing crops can be a lucrative investment with an abundance of benefits!
Edinburg is fortunate enough to be located in an area where the climate is ideal to grow crops all year round. Getting into the agricultural industry can be a gratifying experience for those who have a dream of thriving as a business owner.
And our properties in South Texas can make your dream a reality!
Santa Cruz Properties provides gorgeous owner-financed lots for you! We have a variety of properties at different acreage that can accommodate your goals and help you prosper.
We also suggest using the following information on what crops are ideal for beginners to grow.
Grow Better Crops With Love and Favorable Climate
To start growing crops, first look into buying property in Edinburg, with its ideal growing conditions, then, do some research on the best crops for new growers! We suggest talking to members of the community, grocery store owners, and restaurant owners to determine which crops are in high demand in the area.
Growing crops can be a prosperous venture and an exciting chapter in your life.
The following crops are a few of the simplest to grow in Edinburg:
- Potatoes don’t require a lot of attention. Seeds are available in February, but you can also use a dried potato as a seed. Red-skinned potatoes thrive the best in Edinburg’s climate and soil.
- Tomatoes are a great crop to grow in Edinburg. Tomatoes grow well in the humid, warm weather South Texas experiences most of the year. The soil in Edinburg is so rich, all kinds of tomatoes can be produced.
- Eggplant is well suited for warm weather. As long as it doesn’t frost in the winter, eggplants are capable of growing during our winter season, too.
- Radishes thrive in the warmth and can sprout beautifully in our amazing soil.
- Lettuce can endure temperatures as low as 32 degrees, making it a great crop to grow year-round.
- Carrots are a simple crop to grow in South Texas and don’t require a lot of maintenance.
- Okra is a heat-tolerant crop and produces quickly.
- Corn and peanuts can be successful crops to grow and possibly generate more revenue since the livestock industry uses these crops for feed.
- Citrus is a staple in South Texas because of year-round growth. Our citrus is used state and nationwide.
The list of the best crops to grow in Edinburg is never-ending. Our warm winters play a part in making it easy to grow a large variety of crops all year.
Santa Cruz Properties Is Here to Assist New Landowners To Thrive in Their Business
At Santa Cruz Properties, we strive to provide new landowners with the guidance they need to achieve their goals. We hope you take advantage of the great climate and soil in Edinburg and invest in one of our owner-financed lots to get started in the agricultural industry.