Whether you are designing a floor plan or a site plan for your property, it’s always a good idea to maximize your land by planning ahead. Taking the necessary steps to develop a site plan will help you tremendously when you decide to customize your land to your needs.
Developing a master plan and executing according to your budget and within a certain time frame takes hard work and dedication. Let the experienced realty team at Santa Cruz Properties help you take full advantage of your owner financed land in Hidalgo County by sharing information about the basics of developing a site plan.
7 Steps to Creating a Site Plan
1. Location is Everything
The first step to customizing your property is to find the perfect one. The property of your dreams is available through owner financing with Santa Cruz Properties.
Once you have acquired your property, the possibilities to customize and upgrade it are endless.
2. Survey Your Property
You’ll need to know what you’re working with. Determine the perimeter and boundaries of your land, including getting the total acreage. Four sources to determine the property dimensions include:
- Tax Assessor’s Map: Acquire your property’s tax lot number to look up your property on the county tax assessor’s map for a drawn to scale sketch based off of the most recent surveys and plats of the land.
- Sub-Divisional Plot Information: If your land is in a subdivision, you can use the parcel number found on the deed to get plat records. If the property is not on a subdivision plat, the ‘metes and bounds’ can give a description similar to plat records.
- Building Records: If there was a structure previously on the land, the local municipal Legal Department may have records of a previously approved site plan if the structure was built after 1980 and had a building permit. You can reference the plan for perimeter and use this info as a guide for your project.
- Hire a Licensed Surveyor: This is a more costly way to go, however, it can make bigger projects much easier. A licensed surveyor can help you discover property boundaries and assist in developing a site plan.
3. Visualize Your Space
At this point in the process, you should have a solid idea of the shape, acreage, and boundaries of your property. Now, you will want to consider what to do with the land. Will you be growing produce, raising livestock, or building your dream home?
Visualize how you want to transform the property.
4. Design Your Custom Plan
This can go many ways. If you don’t feel too creative, jotting down a bullet list of ideas on paper is good enough. If you want to take it a step further, you can sketch or print out designs for your space. You can even use a computer program if you are able to do so.
5. Get an Estimate, Set the Budget
How much are you willing to spend to make your vision a reality? Reach out to local contractors to get some cost estimates of the work you want completed.
An estimate will help you to set a budget so you can have a better idea of what you can actually get done on your land. Also, setting the budget will give you an idea of how much time you need to save the total amount.
6. Setting the Time Frame
Depending on your own expectations, you can either work slowly and build as you go, or you can save up for the entire project to get it done all at once. You set the time frame for completing your vision.
7. Worthwhile Investment
Planning, saving, and waiting will all be entirely worth it once your land looks exactly how you planned. This type of project takes patience but a property that is designed to match your wants and needs will be much more valuable to you – and any potential buyer down the road should you choose to sell.
Make 2019 a year to remember with our owner financed property from Santa Cruz Properties.
Are you ready to transform your property into a beautiful home, let Santa Cruz Properties lead the way. Contact Santa Cruz Properties today at (956) 383-0868 to choose the property of your dreams and begin making it your own.