If you’re looking to move to South Texas, there is no better place than the City of Edinburg. Edinburg has a lot to love with its events, attractions, parks and so much more. With a low cost of living, close proximity to other cities and being only an hour away from South Padre Island, Edinburg has something for everyone. No wonder over 80,000 people have fallen in love with this terrific city! And now with even more land for sale at discount prices, you and your family can fall in love with Edinburg too!
Located in one of the northernmost areas of Hidalgo County, Edinburg is one of the Rio Grande Valley’s most diverse cities with a strong sense of community pride. It is the perfect home for someone who wants to live just outside of a big city but have all of the amenities and excitement of one. A family living in Edinburg really gets the best of both worlds.
Things to Do
- World Birding Center – Edinburg Scenic Wetlands – If you love nature and the outdoors, then there’s no better place than the Edinburg Scenic Wetlands. This 40-acre wetland sanctuary offers a year-round home to numerous species of ducks, butterflies and other water-loving animals. Hosting numerous family events, including bird and dragonfly walks, this is the perfect place to explore nature with your loved ones.
- Golfing – Edinburg hosts four golf courses, Los Lagos Golf Club, Monte Cristo Golf and Country Club, Ebony Golf Course and the Edinburg Municipal Golf Course. Ranging from nine- to 18-hole courses, they will have every golfer wanting to make a hole-in-one in no time.
- Museum of South Texas – The Rio Grande Valley has a rich history that’s displayed at the Museum of South Texas through several exhibitions, including Rio Grande Legacy and River Crossroads. The museum also hosts a speaker series event that allows visitors a glimpse of history and insights of South Texas culture. This museum will have your family understanding more about the place you call home.
- Parks – Edinburg has numerous parks filled with fun and excitement for everyone. The largest, Edinburg Municipal Park, includes six softball/baseball fields, three soccer fields, five playground equipment modules, a 1.5-mile walking/jogging trail, two open court multi-purpose pavilions, 42 picnic tables and BBQ pits, two manmade lakes for fishing and canoeing and a one-mile long nature trail.
- Celebrations and Events – Edinburg has great events all year-round for everyone to enjoy! From their All-American City 10k Run/Walk & Fun Run event that brings in over 7,000 participants and the Edinburg Chamber of Commerce’s largest celebration, Fiesta Edinburg, this emerging city has great celebrations and fun for everyone.
As the Rio Grande Valley grows, nearby cities also have mountains of activities for you to enjoy. McAllen has the Holiday Parade where the streets are taken over by enormous floating balloons shaped as beloved characters. Pharr’s growth has allowed it to have more shopping stores than ever with even more being planned in upcoming years. Hidalgo hosts great entertainment talents like Pitbull, Def Leppard and Alan Jackson at the State Farm Arena. And if you want to take a dip in the water, beautiful South Padre Island awaits you just an hour away. With 34-miles of natural seashore and an array of attractions, SPI was named one of Texas’s most beautiful beaches in USA Today. Go dolphin watching, kite boarding, fishing, surfing or sand castle sculpting. SPI has fun and excitement for the entire family.
With so much to enjoy in Edinburg and its surrounding cities, you can find your perfectly sized land near all of the fun! Santa Cruz Properties has land ranging from one to three acres in size right in Edinburg. For more information on our available lots of land and discounts, you can contact us at 956.239.2491 or by visiting our Edinburg office on 2810 N. Closner Blvd.